SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Six years’ professional journalism experience
- Reporting, interviewing and feature writing
- Excellent Spanish
- Cardiff University, Magazine Journalism (MA): Adobe Indesign, Photoshop, audio and video production, media law and public administration.
- Web design: HTML, CSS (completed intensive course at City Lit)
City editor, Legal Week (American Lawyer Media)
2015 – current
Associate Editor, Platts (McGraw Hill Financial)
2011 – 2014
- Responsible for assessing and publishing financial data, monitoring live trading platforms and writing news and analysis reports on energy markets.
- Worked at our Singapore office for two weeks in 2014. Took over coverage of new markets; wrote a feature on China and coordinated a follow up team article and podcast.
- Organised and delivered a meeting presentation in Budapest to increase the company’s recognition.
Intern at The Independent
- Spent one month at the paper where the impetus was on interns to come up with ideas. Wrote reviews for the Saturday magazine and pitched and wrote an interview for the blog.
Intern at Granta Magazine
- Developed a database to track online permission rights and published content on the main website.
Intern at the Wishaw Press (Trinity Mirror PLC)
- Spent two months working for a local paper in Glasgow. This involved relocating to the city, getting to know the community and supporting the editorial team.
2008 – 2009
- Commissioned to write for E&T magazine (the Institution of Engineering and Technology), The Mancunion (my university paper), and Hispanic lifestyle website, Latinolife.co.uk.
- Selected by the British Council to represent the UK and work at the European Youth Week in Brussels with other young journalists from different countries; I contributed to the website youthweek.eu
Intern at HarperCollins
- Supported the editorial teams in HarperPress (now William Collins) and Fourth Estate.
University of Manchester, BA (Hons) Spanish and History (2:1)
3rd Year abroad – Erasmus programme, University of Deusto, Bilbao
Queen’s Gate, A-Levels: English (A), Spanish (A), History (B)
Downe House School: 10 GCSEs: English (A), IT (A), French (A*)